We met on Friday around 7pm at Jin's Place (Chinese restaurant) and there was over 20 of us in total. There are 5 people from UT Austin and the rest are our friends' friends or the Austin people's friends or friends of their friends.. Haha.. It turned out I actually sort of know 3 of the 5 Austin people! The one at the bottom row (far right) is Gillian and she transferred from NUS to UT Austin just a year ago. We happen to have a few common friends like Kimberly( my SCGS classmate who also is staying in Texas!), Priscilla (my VJC friend whom went for the Nepal OCIP trip tog!) etc etc...
And the one beside me on my left is Andrea whom i found v familar because she used to stay at Raffles Hall! Haha.. We too have some common friends like Min Chen, Jia Xing, Ghim Song (she's from blk 5 while I'm fr blk 4). Andrea is the only one of the 5 who is an exchange student while the rest actually is studying at UT Austin.
Lastly is Christopher who's not in this picture (bcos this is a GIRLS' pic), we know each other through Denise! Denise is my PD for GAW '07 and also my marketing head for GAW '06. When she heard that I'm going to Texas, she introduced her good friend Christopher who's studying at UT Austin.
That was a very long weekend for me. After the dinner, we hanged out at the MSC where we played some games & talked, then we went over to Berny's for ice-cream and finally I was backed in my dorm at 2am. Slpt at 3am.
The next day, I had to wake up at 10am to meet Zheng Dong for Men's basketball match! She got free tickets from her RA. Hm, more of this on my next blog. Yeah, I thought that I could go back to my dorm to do my homework after the match. BUT!!! I ended up reaching back my dorm at 2am again. 'Cos I went for dinner with Joyce & Wenhui at a Vietnam restaurant, then coffee at Starbucks before we got a call that the Austin people are back at TAMU, so we went to meet up with them. OH, think i didn't say this earlier - the Austin people are actually going to Houston and College Station is on their way which is why they stopped to meet up with us. Yup, we bowled for a while, then went for supper at iHOP (International House of Pancakes).
AND.... the next day i was still in my dreamland when Joyce called to say that the Austin people are going for lunch! So I woke up at 10am & we went for lunch. I reached back my dorm ard 3pm BUT..... we are supposed to go meet another group at the Rec center at 4pm for a game of badminton. So, this was my 3rd time at the Rec center in a week. Anw, I managed to reach back my dorm at 7pm!! And finally had time to do a tiny bit of work before I zzzzzzzzzzz..
Very tiring weekend
LM
No comments:
Post a Comment